Ty Wigginton can play anywhere in the infield. He could be at first base one night, third the next, shortstop the third day and second the last day. Wigginton could help numerous teams because of his ability to play multiple positions. He also has the ability to provide pop and a quality bat anywhere in the lineup, as well as playing the outfield.
Various teams could use help at the many positions Wiggy can play.
• The Yankees are a team that could use him at the hot corner and then play him in a super utility role once A-Rod returns from injury.
• The Brewers could use him at shortstop and third base to fill in for Yuniesky Betancourt and Casey McGehee.
• Pittsburgh could platoon him with Brandon Wood or put him at shortstop, second or left field where Pittsburgh has been using rookie Aaron Presley with Jose Tabata on the DL.
• The Reds could use him to give them more pop at shortstop.
• Wigginton’s former team, the Rays, could use him at either position up the middle to provide more pop.
• The Phillies could play him at third until Placido Polanco returns from injury. They could then shift him to right field if they feel they need another outfielder.
• The Marlins could use him at third as well.